Gear up for a soulful Sunday full of live music, good vibes, and great company, as we bring you the Classic Bagh festival at the splendorous Sunder Nursery in Delhi.
Presented by Jodhpur RIFF and the British Council in association with Aga Khan Trust for Culture, the festival brings together outstanding classical, traditional and contemporary Indian and UK artists to celebrate the spring season, and re-invigorate hope as we emerge from the shadows of the pandemic.
Classic Bagh is a joint initiative of the British Council, India and the Mehrangarh Museum Trust, Jodhpur.
|Time & place||Artist||Performance details|
|6 a.m. at the Lakeside||Jasleen Kaur Monga||
Start the day with some soulful Gurbani sangeet
*Please carry a headscarf or covering to cover your head during the performance
|6.55 a.m. at the Lakeside||Smita Bellur||Immerse in the mysticism of Sufi kalams|
|8.25 a.m. at the Amphitheatre||Langa Ensemble ft. Asha Sapera||Get into the groove with Rajasthani folk music and Kalbelia dance|
|9.05 a.m. at the Amphitheatre||Dhruv Sangari||Reconnect with your spiritual side with a power-packed Qawwali performance|
|10.20 a.m. at the Amphitheatre||Bawari Basanti||Explore original urban folk, covers, and mash-ups|
About the artists
- Jasleen Kaur Monga is a well-known voice in Gurbaani sangeet and is based in Delhi.
- Smita Bellur is a Hindustani classical vocalist and Sufi singer. She belongs to Jaipur Kirana gharana.
- Asha Sapera is a well-known traditional Kalbeliya dancer from Rajasthan.
- Dhruv Sangari is a Sufi and classical Indian vocalist, composer, lyricist, savant, and teacher from Delhi.
- Bawari Basanti is a Hindustani classical and folk singer, recording artist, and songwriter from Delhi.
How to attend?
- The morning concerts (6 a.m - 11 a.m.) are open and free for everyone visiting the Sunder Nursery Heritage Park.
- Concerts being held in the evening from 4 p.m. onwards are accessible by invitation-only.
- To gain entry into the premises of the park, visitors have to pay an entry fee. Get details about the entry fee here
- Parking is available at standard rates.
Guidelines for visitors
- We are complying with government guidelines to ensure social distancing at the event. Hence, socially distant seating will be available only for 200 people on first-come, first-served basis.
- Sunder Nursery visitors and concert attendees will be required to follow Covid-19 protocols including the use of face masks, temperature checks, and sanitisation of hands and surfaces.
- For additional guidelines, visit the Sunder Nursery website.