ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IDEAS TO HELP YOU DEVELOP AS A TEACHER?
This four-week online course developed by the British Council and UCL Institute of Education will help you to build your skills and learn more about different routes to professional development.
Join a community of others working in education, share your experiences and grow as a teacher. This is professional development designed to respond to your needs and is accessible to everyone whatever resources are available to you.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is designed for recently qualified and experienced teachers who are looking to:
- further develop their reflective skills
- update their current practice
- connect with other professionals
It specifically addresses the needs of teachers who teach English (either as a medium of instruction or as a subject) but is also relevant for those who teach other subjects.
By the end of the course, course participants will be able to
- reflect on their own beliefs about teaching, learning and professional development
- explore the characteristics of successful professional development
- apply a range of tools, activities and strategies to reflect on and improve learning and teaching
- identify aspects of their professional practice to develop
- collaborate with and learn from peers by engaging with communities of practice
- develop their own iterative professional development plan
This online course is broken into simple steps and will help you develop your reflective skills and improve classroom practice. It includes short video interviews with experienced teachers and activities, discussions, polls and quizzes.
Use the hashtag #FLBetterTeachers to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.