British Council is delighted to bring to you storytelling workshops by eminent storytellers. In this workshop, we will share the enchantment of creating and telling stories using our imaginations, voices and bodies. Along the way, get tips, challenges, and guidelines to help you create your own storytelling activities.
- Date: Saturday 10 February 2018
- Time: 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
- Venue: British Council Chennai
During the workshop you will:
- be introduced to art of storytelling
- explore different styles of storytelling
- learn tips and tricks of effective storytelling
- explore how we can use our voices and gestures to help tell a story
By the end of this workshop, you can expect to:
- gain understanding of what oral storytelling is
- be inspired to communicate your thoughts and feelings
- encourage use of imagination and creativity
Shreya Biswas is a performance storyteller and story educator and trainer. She is the founder of Katharangam, an organisation that specialises in using storytelling as an effective tool in education, business and communication. She was trained under eminent storytellers from India and UK and started her career as an educator.
She is an advisor of The International Storytelling Festival Chennai and has performed in The International Storytelling Festival Chennai, Bookaroo Children's Literature festival, Kathotsava in Bangalore and Ahmedabad, Bangalore Literature Festival, Fever 104 FM to name a few. She had also scripted and presented a documentary for Doordarshan.
The workshop is recommended for trainers, teachers, students, parents and anyone who is interested in storytelling.
The workshop fee is INR 1600. All participants will get participation certificate and free library individual membership for one year.
Participants should be 18 years and above.
For registration/more information, please write to email@example.com