What is IELTS Coach?
Preparing for IELTS significantly increases students’ chances of getting the score they need. This course will help you in the following ways:
Improve test-related skills: You will get advice on how to improve skills for all four sections of the test: listening, reading, writing and speaking. You will also learn useful grammar and vocabulary to improve your English range and accuracy.
Gain test awareness: Learn about the test format, different question types, and practise doing sample IELTS tasks.
Develop effective test strategies: Get tips on how to prepare and on how to approach each section of the test. This will also help you feel calm and confident on your test day.
Each course consists of:
- 12 hours of online class taught by experts to focus on Writing and Speaking
- 30-hours of guided online study via the IELTS Coach app to practice Listening and Reading
The IELTS Coach course is suitable for learners wanting to take either IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training:
- The IELTS General Training test is for those going to English speaking countries for secondary education, work or training programs. It is also a requirement for migration to Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK.
- The IELTS Academic test is for people applying for higher education or professional registration in an English speaking environment.
Why prepare for IELTS with the British Council?
- We are proud co-owners of IELTS and continue to deliver it in many other countries.
- We hire the best in class teachers and trainers to teach you.
- We have the best in class online resources for your test prep.
- Our expertise in English language teaching and testing remains integral to our courses and resources.
How do I enrol?
- Click on Get Started and check your English level
- Once you receive your level, you can choose a course and a start date and time from the options available
- Make you select the correct course for your needs, Academic or General Training.
- Add the course to your shopping basket and fill out the billing details. Then, proceed to checkout with a payment method of your choice.
What is an Online Level Check?
The Online Level Check is quick check of your English language level against the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference). It comprises 30 multiple choice questions, which you have up to 30 minutes to answer. Each question comprises two parts: part A is the actual question and part B tells us how sure you are about the answer. You must complete both parts to move onto the next question. Once you complete the test, you will be able to see your English level and the course options available to you based on your level.
What is the difference between a course and a module?
IELTS Coach is available as two different courses of 42 hours each over 4 weeks. Each course is called a module. The difference between the modules is that the IELTS Coach Academic module helps you prepare for the IELTS Academic test, and the IELTS Coach General Training test prepares you for the IELTS General Training test. Please ensure that you double check with the authority which has asked you to take the IELTS test on which test you need to take- Academic or General Training. Choose the correct IELTS Coach module accordingly.
Before booking your course, please remember:
- the course is for those who are 18 years of age or above
- please take the online level check yourself so that we can match you to the correct level
- complete the enrolment using the learner’s name and email ID
- an enrolment is valid for one student at a time.