Light up your Diwali by getting closer to your IELTS band score and getting 15% off IELTS Coach.
Use the promo code DIWALI15 at checkout to avail yourself of this discount.
What is IELTS Coach?
Preparing for the Academic or General Training IELTS tests significantly increases students’ chances of getting the score they need. This course will help you in the following ways:
Improve test-related skills: You will get advice on how to improve skills for all four sections of the test: listening, reading, writing and speaking. You will also learn useful grammar and vocabulary to improve your English range and accuracy through online practice activities.
Gain test awareness: You will learn about the test format and different question types so you know exactly what to expect on test day.
Develop effective test strategies: You will take part in guided practice for authentic test questions for all parts of the test and learn plenty of tips and techniques to help you perform better.
Get IELTS ready: You will practice writing and speaking test sections in your online classes and reading and writing through online activities. This will also help you feel calm and confident on your test day.
Each course consists of:
- 12 hours of online class taught by experts to focus on Writing and Speaking
- 30-hours of guided online study via the IELTS Coach app to practice Listening and Reading
- two optional IELTS writing tasks on which you get feedback from your teacher (one for each task type)
- two optional webinars, one each for Listening and Reading test skills.
You can choose the IELTS Coach course for General Training or Academic IELTS test based on your requirements.
- The IELTS General Training test is for those going to English speaking countries for secondary education, work or training programs. It is also a requirement for migration to Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK. On the course, you’ll develop the ability to write letters and well-structured essays on this course while building your vocabulary on a variety of topics. Practice speaking skills for all three sections of the Speaking test and get feedback. You will also practice Reading and Listening test questions, and improve your grammar as well as test-taking strategies.
- The IELTS Academic test is for people applying for higher education or professional registration in an English speaking environment. On the course, you’ll develop the ability to analyse data and visuals to write a clear report and learn to structure your ideas and arguments in opinion and discursive essays. Practice speaking on a variety of topics for all three sections of the Speaking test and get feedback. You will also practice Reading and Listening test questions, and improve your vocabulary and grammar as well as test strategies.
Why prepare for IELTS with the British Council?
- We are proud co-owners of IELTS and continue to deliver it in many other countries.
- We hire the best-in-class teachers who have the qualifications and experience to help you best prepare for your test.
- We offer extensive best-in-class online test-practice resources.
- Our expertise in English language teaching and testing remains central to our courses and resources.
How do I enrol?
- Click on Get Started and check your English level
- Once you receive your level, carefully choose your course (IELTS Academic or General Training). If you are not sure which IELTS you have to take, please check with your receiving organisation before booking your course. Additional charges may apply on requests received for change of module after you have booked and paid for your course.
- Then choose your course time and date from the options available.
- Add the course to your shopping basket and fill out the billing details. Then, proceed to checkout with a payment method of your choice. Please refer to our terms and conditions during checkout.
What is an Online Level Check?
The Online Level Check is quick check of your English language level against the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference). It comprises 30 multiple choice questions, which you have up to 30 minutes to answer. Each question comprises two parts: part A is the actual question and part B tells us how sure you are about the answer. You must complete both parts to move onto the next question. Once you complete the test, you will be able to see your English level and the course options available to you based on your level.
What is the difference between a course and a module?
There are two IELTS Coach courses available – one for Academic test takers and one for General Training test takers. Each course is 42 hours over 4 weeks. Please check with the authority that has asked you to take the IELTS test which test type you need to take - Academic or General Training. Choose the correct IELTS Coach module based on this.
Before booking your course, please remember:
- the course is for those who are 18 years of age or above
- please take the online level check yourself so that we can match you to the correct level
- complete the enrolment using the learner’s name and email ID
- an enrolment is valid for one student at a time.