At the British Council, the health and safety of all our students and staff is our top priority. As the Coronavirus situation is evolving in India, we have decided to reconsider dates for Summer School 2020. Please watch this space for an updated schedule of the same. We thank you for your cooperation.
ENGAGED LEARNERS. FUTURE LEADERS.
Summer School 2020 is a unique, fun-filled English learning course especially designed for children between the ages of 5 to 17 years.
To know more call 0120-4569000 / 0120-6684353. Scroll down to register.
Designed by experts, Summer School activates your child’s learning through fun activities. This year our courses are based on science projects, Micro:bit® coding, theatre, crafts, physical activities and debates, with content adapted to each age group. Your child will make tangible progress, learning to express themselves with confidence in English and developing life skills that prepare them for the future!
Why should your child take this course?
Our courses are unique, innovative and use a holistic approach to develop skills in children. Apart from learning English, we encourage other aspects of whole child development. We develop social, personal and emotional competences, as well as skills such as creativity, leadership, and critical thinking. These skills support their achievements at school.
Children enrolled in our Summer School will:
- improve their English and 21st century skills and grow in confidence
- get challenged in critical thinking and grow their creativity
- be inspired by working with peers on a series of creative projects
- get specially trained teachers who engage through internationally tested methodologies that improve learning.
TAKING THE LEAD IN THEIR OWN LEARNING
We ensure that our students learn and assimilate English and key life skills while enjoying activities adapted to each age group in the following areas:
- DISCOVER –scientific projects and experiments to spark curiosity and formulate ideas while developing team-work skills and learn grammar and vocabulary in a motivating context.
- IMAGINE –reading, storytelling, debates and presentations to introduce and acquire new vocabulary and grammar, build confidence and develop critical thinking and life skills for the future.
- INVENT –As part of the educational initiative Micro:bit® sessions allow students to become programmers and create an interactive game or gadget.
- CREATE –hands-on art & craft, drama sessions and creating film trailers focussing on using English to undertake the creative projects while improving their pronunciation.
- MOVE – yoga, dance, brain games and scavenger hunt to improve agility and develops confidence in speaking English, along with their team-working skills and review learning.
Parent engagement: We see parents as essential partners in the child’s learning process. Through our parent engagement programme, you will have a clear understanding of what your child will achieve from actively participating in the course and learn tools to help your child continue learning at home.
Give your child a great start today by laying a strong foundation and build a lifelong experience of learning! Register now!