With Secondary Plus you will learn with expert teachers in a supportive environment. Build your confidence to communicate in English and develop the life skills you need for a global world
Why learn with us?
- Expert teaching, proven results: Secondary Plus has been carefully crafted by a team of education experts – drawing on 80 years’ experience of what really gets teenagers learning. It’s practical, challenging, and hands-on. Our dynamic and interactive classrooms provide an immersive space where every student can participate and help each other grow in confidence.
- Develop core life skills needed to succeed in a global world, e.g. collaboration, leadership, problem-solving and creativity. Students will practise the skills needed for success in school exams and international universities.
- An improved learning experience: students make more progress with immersive lessons as well as activities set by the teacher to do at home on a new, secure learning hub. An inclusive learning environment where students can be themselves and express opinions openly
- Sense of progress: Feel more connected and in charge of your English learning adventure – write in your English journal, discuss your projects with classmates, upload work for your teacher to review and keep track of your progress. All this is possible on the new British Council learning hub.
This course is available in four levels of learning plans to offer flexibility. Learning is a lifelong process and the Level 4 (48-week course) plan will help your child become independent learners, develop future life skills and a strong foundation in English learning.
Understand the detailed learning outcomes for ages, 11-12 years here, 13-14 years here and 15-17 years here.
By the end of the course, your child will
- expand the range of skills needed to read accurately
- gain ability to express themselves confidently
- develop strong grammatical structures
- become independent learners
Refer to our progression chart here to learn more about the skills and progression journey we have set out for your child.
PRICE & DURATION:
Your child can study flexibly in four levels. We recommend the Level 4 (48-week) study plan to maximise learning and enhanced communication skills.
Level 1 - Building blocks (12 weeks )
Level 2 - Active practise (24 weeks)
Level 3 - Acceleration (36 weeks)
Level 4 - Advanced (48 weeks)
|Number of learning hours
12 hours of teacher-taught learning
12 hours of self-access learning
24 hours of teacher-taught learning
24 hours of self-access learning
36 hours of teacher-taught learning
36 hours of self-access learning
48 hours of teacher-taught learning
48 hours of self-access learning
|What will your child learn
||Children will be introduced to a variety of reading texts and speaking forms, they will develop confidence in speaking.
||Children will actively practise language and begin to experiment with their communication.
||Children will analyse, present and write independently, their learning accelerates.
||Children will become independent, develop strong grammatical structure and communication skills
|Free English Resources
||Learn English kids and Learn English apps
|Price per class
|Sign up for a live webinar of our Young Learner Online courses here.
Here is what the parent of one of our students had to say about our Secondary Plus Online course:
|“The course structure is elaborate, yet lucid. The curriculum is relevant to the present times. The combination of online teaching and self-learning is good.” - Rajesh Krishnan, parent to Gayathri Krishnan
Scroll down to register!
Technical requirements - Secondary Plus Online course can be accessed using a desktop computer or a laptop. We want to make sure all our students enjoy a quality learning experience. You may face login issues while accessing the course using a tablet, hence we suggest otherwise.
Please note: Registration will close 24 hours prior to course commencement. Any payments received later may be offered subsequent batches. Each time slot has limited seat availability. Registrations on first-come-first-served basis only. Classes will commence with minimum registrations to ensure an engaging learning experience. ln case of less registration, the CS team will contact you to agree on options.
*Your child must be 11 years/13years/15years old as on the first class date of the registered course.