Give your child a head start – with inspiring English classes for kids.
Primary Plus, our English course for kids, will encourage your child aged 7 to 10 years to express themselves in a safe, motivating environment. This is the right age for language learning to be effortless and impactful.
We create a space where only English is spoken. Children feel at the centre of their own learning. They grow in confidence as they develop their fluency in English and critical 21st century skills to help them at school as well.
With this course your child will:
- Build confidence by speaking in English about familiar topics such as their surroundings, from their room to their neighbourhood
- Express themselves through exciting activities and group projects – exploring subjects like the natural world, from under the sea to outer space
- Develop important life skills, such as problem solving, reflecting on their behaviour, giving opinions etc., which prepare them for their future beyond the classroom.
Young students on our English courses learn by getting involved in activities that interest them and relevant to their life.
Our expert teachers help them develop their English skills – and also creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills. These skills will not only help them in life, but also at school where they will be better able to understand and communicate.
Set your child on the path to success
We see parents as partners and have created a Parent Engagement Plan to complement your child’s course. You will receive regular feedback on your child’s progress. At each age, we will assess their development in English language and core life skills against age-appropriate child developmental milestones.
The Parent Engagement Plan includes:
- Meet the teacher – before class
- Workshops for parents (how to help your child at home) – during course
- Experience the classroom – once during a term
- Weekly progress updates – on a digital platform called Edmodo.
- Parent-Teacher meeting (where children showcase what they’ve learnt) – every 6 to 8 weeks.
The benefits include:
- Personalised progress updates via Edmodo
- Tips and strategies to continue your child’s learning outside the British Council through parent workshops
- First-hand experience of your child’s class
- Periodic display of your child’s work when you come for the Parent-Teacher meeting
- A chance to meet other parents
You will also get a log in to the Primary Plus online portal, so that your child can continue learning at home.
Course location and fees:
New Delhi: 11,500
Kolkata: 8,500 (for regular 24 hours course) and 5,500 (for offsite 15 hours course)