Through this programme, we aim to:
- build and develop a vibrant community of practice for English language teachers and teacher educators which deepens their engagement with their professional development
- connect and communicate with the community of practice through a range of channels including partnerships, social media and newsletters
- create and design relevant digital resources for English language teachers and learners in both high and low resource contexts across India
- develop the English language skills of teachers of English through a range of moderated and self-access content.
We do this through three interlinked strands:
- Communities: using social media platforms and supported activities, we build, develop and deepen our existing online community of practice.
- Resources: we create free digital resources for teachers and teacher educators such as the Technology for Teachers series and Get talking. Resources aim to support English language competency and develop teachers’ pedagogy and professional practice.
- Partnerships: enhancing and building on our existing partnerships with teacher associations and other educational organisations, we widen our network and reach practitioners beyond our English for Education Systems projects.