Young Learner Assistant - Summer Internship
We are looking for someone to join the British Council Chennai as a Young Learner Assistant during Summer School in May 2016. The role involves supporting teachers in the classroom and ensuring children are supervised as per the British Council's Child Protection Policy.
|Salary||INR 80 per hour|
|Duration||30 days (contract extension based on performance)|
|Working hours||Candidate will work on a shift basis between 07.30 and 21.00 (up to a maximum of 8 hours per day).|
|Closing date||Sunday, 10 April 2016|
Young Learner Assistant Duties:
- Assist customer services and teachers during this busy time
- Support teachers with administration, materials preparation and classroom activities as required
- Supervise and be responsible for young learners before class, during breaks and after class until being picked up by parents.
Requirements and qualities:
- The candidate must be above 18 years of age.
- The candidate must be customer friendly, enthusiastic, flexible, and responsible.
- The candidate enjoys working with children and may have an interest in teaching.
- The candidate must be willing to follow the British Council’s Child Protection Policy.
Perks of this internship:
This role will give you an excellent chance to:
- Build your network on contacts from a reputed organisation
- Work with children of different age groups
- Observe our teachers in action
- Meet other like-minded people.
How to apply
Please email the completed application form along with age and ID proof to Abraham.David@britishcouncil.org