Senior Specialist, School Improvement/School Leadership
The British Council is seeking a school improvement specialist for a forthcoming technical assistance contract based in Delhi. The specialist will be responsible for providing high quality support to MHRD and its associated organisations including the National Centre for Education Research and Training (NCERT) and National University for Education Planning and Administration (NUEPA).
|Location||India (New Delhi)|
|Duration||Duration of the contract is 2.5 years, commencing from 01 January 2016(Tentative)|
|Closing date||Sunday, 19 July 2015|
The specialist will be responsible for developing creative methods of engagement and support to:
a) Develop systems which enable a review of school performance
b) Support school-based ownership of improvement, and
c) Strengthen and develop school leadership.
The Senior Specialist will carry out the following activities:
1. Lead technical inputs in this area; lead the development of approaches and programmes of work.
2. They will liaise with partners and lead delivery planning in this area, ensuring the timely deployment of staff.
3. They will contribute to reporting, evaluation and ensure good value for money.
Qualifications and experience required
• Master’s degree in Education or any other related academic field
We are seeking a senior-level candidate with extensive experience (at least 10 years) in the Indian context.
• Strong experience in school leadership and/or school improvement, including experience supporting the development of school-based improvement processes
• Experience supporting the development of systems and the use of data which support school improvement is strongly desirable
• Experience working with Indian partners would be helpful
• Candidates should demonstrate strong knowledge of the Indian education system and its constituent parts
• Should evidence strong planning skills, across multiple stakeholders, to produce coherent operational plans
• Strong writing skills in English.
(i) Systems enabling objective and holistic review of school quality/performance and which encourage school based ownership of improvement initiatives and results are developed and operationalized.
(ii) School leadership is strengthened in order to deliver school improvement and improved learning experiences.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your CV tailored to the above requirements in the CV template attached in not more than 5 pages to (email@example.com) with the title “Senior Specialist, School Improvement/School Leadership”
Unfortunately we will not be able to respond to every application and will only contact to candidates who meet the required standards 5 working days after the deadline for CV/application submission.