Sales and Marketing Intern 2018_British Council (BCEESIPL)
The British Council is looking for Sales and Marketing Interns to join our India English eLearning team. The ideal applicant will possess very good spoken and written communication skills and have a passion for products and people.The successful candidate will be tech savvy, well-spoken, confident and with strong collaboration skills.
*This vacancy is with BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt Ltd (BCEESIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of the British Council.
|Location||Gurgaon / Chennai , India|
|Salary||INR 12,000 per month|
|Duration||3 months full time|
|Working hours||40 hours a week|
|Closing date||Wednesday, 28 February 2018|
Do you want a career in sales and marketing with a multinational organisation? Are you passionate about technology and want to hone your selling skills and marketing knowledge? Do targets motivate you to prove your mettle? Do you want to know what it is to work in an international environment in a cultural relations organisation?
The British Council is looking for Sales and Marketing Interns to join our India English eLearning team. The ideal applicant will possess very good spoken and written communication skills and have a passion for products and people. The successful candidate will be tech savvy, well-spoken, confident and with strong collaboration skills.
As a sales and marketing intern you will work with independent targets to achieve registration for the British Council’s online courses. You will do this via email, telephones and video conferencing. You will report on sales KPIs (key performance indicators) and develop your business analysis skills, helping the senior management arrive at key sales and marketing decisions.
You will also work on marketing campaigns, post-sales support for customers, acquiring customer management skills on the job, and report on customer satisfaction and reenrolment targets.
You will get the opportunity to learn more about EdTech, eLearning and English language teaching (ELT), and work with learner management systems, virtual classroom tech and ecommerce systems. This internship is the perfect opportunity for you to get experience of working in a vibrant and dynamic team managing the British Council’s eLearning business in India.
Candidates looking to gain valuable sales and marketing experience, with a focus on technology, with an established global organisation are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time internship at our Gurgaon or Chennai office. In addition to getting great experience in eLearning, sales and marketing, you'll learn, about the British Council, how global organisations operate and how you can grow professionally while being a key team player contributing to the business’s online presence.
- Work with the senior sales, marketing, operations and academic teams.
- Work with independent sales targets for British Council’s eLearning products.
- Support the marketing manager on marketing campaigns for these products.
- Contribute to meeting sales targets, customer satisfaction scores, and customer retention targets.
- Counsel customers over the phone, email and webchat about the British Council’s courses.
- Manage pre- and post-sale queries from customers; ensure that they receive a positive service experience.
- Manage customer data and report on sales and marketing KPIs.
- Obtain customer data and KPIs from various sources, analyse and report on trends to support business growth.
- Help manage sales and marketing daily and monthly dashboards.
- Help manage the web presence for the eLearning products and ensure that customers are able to
- Work with senior managers across the central marketing team and English SBU.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Students applying for this internship should be a sales and marketing or business administration major with minimum 6 months experience of working in sales and marketing as freelance or with an organisation in a full time or internship capacity.
- An understanding of sales and marketing theory and methods or an eager interest in learning it.
- An interest in eLearning or at least technology products.
- High level of attention to detail, organisational skills, and ability to prioritise quick demands and deadlines.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a matrix organisational structure.
- Experience or interest in data and analysis.
- Basic understanding and experience of using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to apply
To apply for this post share:
- your responses to our questions on the attached document.
- your most updated curriculum vitae highlighting your experience relevant to the internship requirements and any other relevant information that will help us take your profile forward.
Please send both completed documents in a PDF to myEnglish@britishcouncil.org with the mail subject: Sales and Marketing Internship 2018