Operations Finance Internship 2018_British Council (BCEESIPL), Gurgaon
The job holder is expected to have :
- Bachelors / Masters Degree in any discipline
- Knowledge of excel (vlookup, pivot tables etc)
- 0 - 6 months experience in relevant field
- Advanced English language proficiency
|Salary||INR 15,000 per month onwards|
|Duration||6 months full time|
|Working hours||40 hours a week|
|Closing date||Wednesday, 28 February 2018|
Do you want a career in operational finance with a multinational organisation? Are you passionate about engaging with diverse group of freelance staff and vendors across India? Do you like to solve real-world business problems with creative, critical thinking and apply accounting data to organizational goals?
British Council is looking for Operational Finance Interns to join our Examinations team. The ideal applicant will possess very good spoken and written communication skills and have a passion for processing complex data and vendor management.
As an operations finance intern you will work with independent targets to validate Claims and Invoices, process payments and resolve payment enquiries. You will do this via email, telephone, MS excel etc. You will report on weekly dashboards (key performance indicators) and develop your business analysis skills, helping the senior management arrive at key operational decisions.
You will get the opportunity to learn more about Exam operations, and work with management systems. This is a full-time internship at our Gurgaon office. In addition to getting great experience in operational finance, you'll learn, about the British Council, how global organisations operate and how you can grow professionally while being a key team player contributing to the success of the business.
• Check Freelance Staff Claims & Vendor Invoices against the test day allocation reports and bookings made; ensure that correct procedures are followed and payments made as per the agreed guidelines and payment policies
• Regularly coordinate with internal & external stakeholders, seek clarifications where needed
• Update database, maintain records for Claims and Invoices received, checked and processed
• Resolve payment enquiries for freelance staff and vendors
• Ensure appropriate approvals for Claims/ Invoices to be processed
• Arrange documentation and provide accurate financial information when requested
• Providing support in month end activities, expense reconciliations etc.
• Complete required procurement and financial tasks as per British Council guidelines
• Adhere to operations service level agreements & agreed turnaround times as per customer service standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Advanced English language proficiency-level B2 or above
• Bachelor’s degree
• Preferably 1 year experience
• High level of attention to detail, organisational skills, and ability to prioritise quick demands and deadlines
• The ability to work collaboratively with a matrix organisational structure
• Experience or interest in data and analysis
• Basic understanding and experience of using Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables etc.)
How to apply
To apply for this post share:
Your most updated curriculum vitae highlighting your experience relevant to the internship requirements and any other relevant information that will help us take your profile forward.
Please send the completed document in a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mail subject: Operations Finance Internship 2018