* This vacancy is with BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt. Ltd. (BCEESIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of the British Council. The post holder will be responsible to lead the development and execution of the marketing strategy and plans, ensuring local alignment to the global marketing strategy.
|Location||Gurgaon/ Mumbai/ Chennai/ Kolkata|
|Closing date||Sunday, 13 January 2019|
▪ Develops and manages the marketing strategy for BCEESIPL ensuring alignment to global SBU marketing strategies and plans, objectives and financial and business development targets and the overarching global marketing strategy for the British Council
▪ Plans, delivers and evaluates marketing strategies and activities across English & Exams products including demand / lead generation campaigns and activities to drive conversions from leads to sales to meet targets
▪ Manages the execution and planning of digital campaigns, ensuring co-ordination across the country with alignment to global digital communications policies and standards
▪ Provides appropriate input to product development
▪ Ensures monitoring of marketing performance for English & Exams products.
▪ Champions the capture and sharing of insight and analytics for evidence-based decision making.
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving
▪ Applies core technical/professional knowledge, recognised best practice approaches and insight from previous experience to develop marketing strategies and plans and resolve issues and risks
▪ Conducts analysis based on insights and research and external trend/ market analysis to provide high quality and evidence-based marketing advice, recommendations and plans
▪ Presents complex information clearly, tailoring the presentation of findings to meet the differing needs of both marketing and regional leadership audiences appropriately, as required
Internal customer focus
▪ Builds an in-depth understanding of the specific operational context, opportunities and challenges for the SBU and the region to ensure the provision of marketing advice and plans is based on informed business insight
▪ Proactively seeks internal customer and other stakeholder feedback to monitor satisfaction with the standard of marketing advice and business support provided, enabling improvements to be made where issues are identified
▪ Identifies opportunities for improvements to marketing for English & Exams products and determines how to progress these, working collaboratively with the SBU leads in country, and the SBU global marketing team where appropriate, to ensure alignment to global marketing approaches and enable ideas, new business opportunities and innovations to be shared
▪ Demonstrates awareness of relevant governance arrangements that relate to the development of regional marketing strategies, plans and approaches for English teaching brands and teaching centres
▪ Makes recommendations to resolve specific / regional issues but also offers ideas which contribute to the development of wider solutions to broader business challenges and problems.
▪ Explains to country marketing teams the need for compliance with agreed corporate procedures relevant to their area. Collates required compliance data within standard monitoring and reporting systems
▪ Tracking of KPIs on a monthly and quarterly basis to improve marketing effectiveness including, budgets and conversions to sales
▪ Provides proactive professional marketing advice and support to internal customers to ensure marketing for English & Exams products is high quality, effective and compliant with relevant corporate policies
▪ Completes an annual cycle of formally recognised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to maintain and deepen their professional expertise
▪ Uses a variety of information resources and professional networks to maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in external policy, practice and regulation within their professional discipline
▪ Likely to be fully-qualified within the relevant professional accreditation or chartership for their functional discipline (or the equivalent by experience)
Commercial & financial management
▪ Using agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the regional budget for English & Exams marketing activities, and conducts monthly and year-end reporting on income and expenditure, profitability and risk
▪ Shows an understanding of value for money/cost effectiveness in the marketing strategies, plans and activities delivered for English & Exams products & services
▪ Sustains effective Cost per Acquisition (CPA) of new sales against marketing spend and improves ROI Relationship & stakeholder management
▪ Actively participates in and contributes to the Marketing Community of Practice and network of marketing professionals
▪ Builds a network of with external suppliers/providers/contacts to support effective service provision and knowledge exchange
Leadership & management
▪ Plans and prioritises own work activities to ensure effective delivery of diverse responsibilities and internal customer deliverables over a monthly to quarterly time horizon
▪ Provides leadership, direction, advice and support to country marketing teams on marketing strategies, plans and activities for English & Exams brands.
How to apply
Visit our job portal for further details