Head of Capacity Planning
* This vacancy is with BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt. Ltd. (BCEESIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of the British Council. The post holder will be responsible to plan and track exams capacity requirements against demand from 18 months out on a 12-month rolling basis down to handover to Operations Managers for Resource Management and Test Day delivery.
|Closing date||Sunday, 13 January 2019|
Product Service Delivery
▪ Capacity Management - manages relationship with AD Commercial for Demand and capacity fill
▪ Manages rolling 18-month single plan for all products down to Test Day
▪ Translates demand into capacity plan for venues, papers, link to OSM (Onscreen Marking Hub)
▪ Sets plans for resourcing profile and plan for core staff, cover, shift management, customer services and books venue for Test Day
▪ Sets venue strategy, profiles and works with Procurement and Venue supplier
▪ Provides guidance to secure venues, and gives feedback to Operations team in country on venue performance
▪ Hands over Plan to Country Operations team 1 week ahead, min 98% complete
▪ Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
Relationship & stakeholder management
▪ Works with Business Improvement (BI), Change team on planning future changes to delivery profiles
▪ As required, supports Head of Operations in hosting/attending external events or meetings, ensuring these run efficiently and effectively and that a positive, professional image is projected.
Risk & compliance
▪ Contingency planning and risk management of supply. Sets standards and performance to manage Exam security and compliance
▪ Serves as point of escalation for Country Operations Managers on significant issues
▪ Uses standardised processes to monitor team/unit compliance with agreed corporate risk management procedures relevant to service delivery (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
Analysis & reporting
▪ Manages daily/weekly planning/capacity meetings
▪ Holds daily dashboard, weekly reporting, cost to serve
▪ Analyses outcomes and recommends improvements to Test Day planning activities
Commercial & resource management
▪ Operates and runs regular reports on range of standard, corporate financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, unit or project(s) – e.g. purchase order system, FABS, SAP, procurement processes.
▪ Actively seeks to maximise value for money when acquiring resources, goods or services for the team, unit or project.
Leadership & management
▪ Motivates and encourages team performance in virtual (non face to face) situations.
▪ Plans and prioritises operational activities and supports team knowledge and skills development towards effective delivery of services.
▪ Coaches and guides towards team performance of the country operations team, working with country leadership to address skills or motivation gaps as it arises.
How to apply
Visit our job portal for further details