Customer Management Intern 2018_British Council (BCEESIPL)
The British Council is looking for customer management interns to join our India English eLearning team. The successful candidate will be tech savvy, well-spoken, confident and with strong interpersonal skills and have a passion for products and people.
*This vacancy is with BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt Ltd (BCEESIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of the British Council.
|Location||Gurgaon / Chennai,India|
|Salary||INR 12,000 per month|
|Duration||3 months full time|
|Working hours||40 hours a week|
|Closing date||Wednesday, 28 March 2018|
Do you want a career in customer management for a large scale project with a multinational organisation? Are you passionate about technology and engaging with a diverse group of students from all over India? Do customer satisfaction targets motivate you to prove your mettle? Do you want to know what it is to work in an international environment in a cultural relations organisation?
The British Council is looking for customer management interns to join our India English eLearning team. The ideal applicant will possess very good spoken and written communication skills and have a passion for products and people. The successful candidate will be tech savvy, well-spoken, confident and with strong interpersonal skills.
As a sales and marketing intern you will work with independent targets to achieve registration for the British Council’s online courses. You will do this via email, telephones and video conferencing. You will report on sales KPIs (key performance indicators) and develop your business analysis skills, helping the senior management arrive at key sales and marketing decisions.
You will get the opportunity to learn more about EdTech, eLearning and English language teaching (ELT), and work with learner management systems, virtual classroom tech and data analysis. This internship is the perfect opportunity for you to get experience of working in a vibrant and dynamic team managing the British Council’s eLearning business in India.
Candidates looking to gain valuable sales and marketing experience, with a focus on technology, with an established global organisation are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time internship at our Gurgaon or Chennai office. In addition to getting great experience in eLearning, sales and marketing, you'll learn, about the British Council, how global organisations operate and how you can grow professionally while being a key team player contributing to the business’s online presence.
- Work with the senior operations, academic, sale and marketing teams.
- Counsel customers over the phone, email and webchat about the British Council’s course.
- Support the students to complete the written level check.
- provide technical help to students who need assistance with access to their course website.
- Ensuring students have access to course website and support non-participating students with course follow up calls.
- Manage customer data and report on course completion KPIs.
- Obtain customer data and KPIs from various sources, analyse and report on trends to support reporting to stakeholders.
- Help manage operations with course wise weekly dashboards and share completion reports with teachers.
- Supporting any other operational and administrative work.
- Work with senior managers across the central marketing team and English SBU.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Students applying for this internship should have a passion for providing customer service to a diverse group of students where some may require more assistance than others. The ideal candidate should have a minimum 6 months experience of working in a customer management environment as freelance or with an organisation in a full time or internship capacity.
- An interest in eLearning or at least technology products.
- High level of attention to detail, organisational skills, and ability to prioritise quick demands and deadlines.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a matrix organisational structure.
- Experience or interest in data and analysis.
- Basic understanding and experience of using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- You will be expected to work minimum 40 hours per week, over five days a week and be flexible with the work timings which can extend beyond regular working hours.
- You may be required to work on Saturday or Sunday occasionally
- Available to join immediately.
How to apply
To apply for this post share:
- your responses to our questions on the attached document.
- your most updated curriculum vitae highlighting your experience relevant to the internship requirements and any other relevant information that will help us take your profile forward.
Please send both completed documents in PDF format to myEnglish@britishcouncil.org with the mail subject: Customer management internship 2018