Assistant Director Exams Operations (Logistics and Capacity Planning)
* This vacancy is with BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt. Ltd. (BCEESIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of the British Council. The post holder will be responsible to plan and track exams capacity requirements against demand from 18 months out on a 12-month rolling basis.
|Closing date||Sunday, 13 January 2019|
Leadership & management
▪ Motivates and encourages team performance
▪ Plans and supports operational activities and supports team knowledge and skills development towards effective delivery of services. Coaches and guides towards team performance of the country operations team, working with country leadership to address skills or motivation gaps as it arises.
Product Service Delivery
▪ Capacity Management - manages relationship with AD Commercial for Demand and Capacity Planning
▪ Manages rolling 18-month single plan for all products down to Test Day
▪ Ensure staffing levels are planned and resources are recruited to maximise business sustainability and efficiency
▪ Sets venue strategy, profiles and works with Procurement and Venue proprietor
▪ Provides guidance to secure venues, and gives feedback to Operations team in country on venue performance
▪ Provides clear and effective leadership, develop staff and contribute to team excellence, leading by example
▪ Manages the local team, ensuring they achieve their potential in an environment with a positive working culture, achieving a work-life balance, ensuring their welfare is paramount at times of crisis
▪ Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process
Relationship & stakeholder management
▪ Works with Business Improvement (BI), Change team on planning future changes to delivery profiles
▪ As required, supports Heads of Operations in hosting/attending external events or meetings, ensuring these run efficiently and effectively and that a positive, professional image is projected. Risk & compliance
▪ Contingency planning and risk management of supply.
▪ Sets standards and performance in Exams security and compliance (QCA and IELTS audits)
Analysis & reporting
▪ Manages daily/weekly planning/capacity meetings ▪ Holds daily dashboard, weekly reporting, cost to serve
▪ Analyses outcomes and recommends improvements to Test Day planning activities
Commercial & resource management
▪ Operates and runs regular reports on range of standard, corporate financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, unit or project(s) – e.g. purchase order system, FABS, SAP, procurement processes.
▪ Actively seeks to maximise value for money when acquiring resources, goods or services for the team, unit or project.
How to apply
Visit our job portal for further details