Assistant Director Business Improvement
* This vacancy is with BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt. Ltd. (BCEESIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of the British Council. The post holder will be responsible to ensure increasing effectiveness and efficiency of operational delivery of all exam products in cluster/ region through identification, implementation, maintenance from business improvement approaches.
|Closing date||Sunday, 13 January 2019|
▪ Identifies and makes recommendations on improvements to ways of working that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Exams delivery, as well as the operational effectiveness of their internal customers.
▪ Provides advice or ideas into the development and implementation of Global Business Improvement, corporate or regional change projects and acts as a key agent of change for the region/ cluster ensuring embedding in the business and benefits realisation.
▪ Supports the delivery of the strategic transition from a paper-based exams business to the embedding of Computer Based Testing (CBT) processes in all delivery processes
▪ Support the ongoing exams transformation programme by ensuring maximum effectiveness, efficiency and co-ordination of the delivery of the Exams business
▪ Draws on areas of business improvement priorities for the specific cluster/ region to enable the development of the Business Improvement global function
▪ Provides communication and documentation support on a range of market and competitor data to improve Exams delivery processes and services, feeding into the global business improvement initiatives
▪ Supports the planning and delivery of business changes through processes and systems to the implementation in business in a more effective and efficient way
Customers & stakeholders
▪ Maintains excellent relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders across the regions and SBU’s, to inform and enable improvements in the quality of exams delivery.
▪ Builds a network of internal sponsors and supporters to help influence decision-making.
▪ Develops peer/personal networks within and outside the BC to enhance own knowledge and expertise
Risk & compliance
▪ Support the Head of BI to ensure Exams delivery is compliant with agreed standards and that areas identified for improvement are quickly and fully implemented
▪ Actively champions and monitors staff compliance with the agreed corporate policies and practices relevant to their area of functional expertise. Investigates reasons for non-compliance and feeds these back into the Business improvement needs of the cluster/ region
Commercial & resource management
▪ Shows an understanding of value for money/cost effectiveness in the advice, recommendations or service support provided to the business improvement team
Leadership & management
▪ Plans and prioritises own work activities to ensure effective delivery of diverse responsibilities and deliverables over a quarterly to annual time horizon
▪ Determines work plans and coordinates input from others (who may be outside the direct management line) to meet specific objectives
▪ As an experienced professional, contributes ideas to support the development of discipline-wide and customer-specific business plans and priorities
How to apply
Visit our job portal for further details