Assistant Director Business Development
* This vacancy is with BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt Ltd (BCEESIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of the British Council. The post holder will develop and deliver the 2-year market led, integrated cross portfolio Business Development & Sales strategy aligned with Global/Regional Exams strategy working with other BC colleagues to leverage opportunities and create value.
|Location||Gurgaon/ Mumbai/ Chennai/ Kolkata|
|Closing date||Sunday, 13 January 2019|
▪ As part of the India team, contributes to the development and delivery of customised, local business development initiatives (within a specific area of product/market/customer focus), which achieve or exceed agreed targets (e.g. on margin, income, impact and take up) and are aligned to relevant corporate and regional priorities.
▪ Analyses and assimilates multiple commercial data sets and indicators (e.g. profitability, market dynamics, competitive potential, volumes, sales effectiveness, fundraising/partnership targets etc) to produce tailored reports on performance and trends that assist more senior management in identifying areas for new, additional or modified business development activity.
Market & customer intelligence
▪ Keeps updated and has extensive knowledge of the market within their area of focus, from both a supply and demand perspective.
▪ Monitors local market-, customer- and related information and feedback relevant to their area of focus, to support the maintenance of BC’s commercial competitive edge and professional reputation. Highlights to senior management when remedial action is required and makes suggestions about possible solutions, based on previous experience and knowledge of standard business practices.
▪ Assesses market, identifies market opportunities/needs using marketing insights to develop & deliver audience led BD & Sales strategy, priorities & plan;
▪ Leads contribution into Demand Planning, achieving high levels of sales forecasting accuracy and embeds global framework at country level
▪ Agrees Marketing Plan and reviews effectiveness
▪ Agrees Customer Services requirements and reviews effectiveness
▪ As part of a wider team, provides professional input to support the development of high quality, competitive and customer/market-focused bids, tender submissions, programme plans and sponsorship appeals, which can generate specified commercial returns and cultural relations impact.
▪ Recognises limits of own knowledge and draws appropriately on the technical/professional/functional expertise needed from other colleagues to ensure local business development initiatives are based on high quality content, accurate costing, sound commercial/contractual terms, appropriate risk mitigation measures and are aligned to corporate priorities and plans
▪ Manages and reviews effectiveness of partnership (agency) model and input into physical foot print strategy
Account & stakeholder management
▪ Assists in the planning, establishment and maintenance of nominated account/stakeholder/partner or sponsor relationships, in accordance with the relationship strategy and objectives set out by the designated Account Manager or SBU/country priorities.
▪ Delivers income/surplus targets, working with Operations on commercial feasibility
Brand/product knowledge & promotion
▪ Builds effective working relationships with a variety of SBU and regional colleagues, and a range of information-gathering techniques, to maintain a full and current understanding of product/programme/sector developments and priorities.
▪ Contributes to the planning, monitoring, execution and evaluation of promotional, marketing, PR and outreach collateral/activities within their area of product/programme/customer/market focus.
▪ Leads and embeds excellent Business Pursuit and Account Relationship Management aligned with Global/Regional frameworks
Leadership & management
▪ Plans and prioritises own work activities to ensure effective delivery of diverse responsibilities and internal customer deliverables over a monthly to quarterly time horizon
▪ May contribute to the development, delivery or commissioning of externally supplied training support to maintain and improve business development effectiveness of colleagues on a range of commercially-related topics
▪ Line manager to a small, local team of more junior staff
▪ Shares intelligence and ideas to support senior managers in identifying/ developing new business development strategies and plans.
▪ Embeds effective Team performance and new ways of working on the ground and lead empowerment/decision making at the right level
How to apply
Visit our job portal for further details