The Dempo and the Fomento Group collaboratively formed the Goa education trust with the British Council in the year 2009 to provide Goan students with a platform to undertake postgraduate study in the UK in any field of academic study. Since its inception the scholarship provided an opportunity for Goans to obtain higher education degrees from top UK Universities in various disciplines including Journalism, Education, Ancient History and Law.
Applications now closed for year 2015
Scholarships announced for 2015!!
This year four bright young students have been awarded the Goa Education Trust Scholarships 2015 to pursue their education ambitions in the UK.
- Uma Damle has completed her Bachelor of Design in Fashion Communications and would be pursuing MA in Fashion Photography at University of Arts London.
- Wayne D'cruz has completed his BA in Mass Media and would be pursuing MA in Cultural and Creative Industries at Kings College London.
- Kirti Dahiya completed her BA LLB and will be pursuing Master of Law in Public International Law at Queen Mary University.
- Anushka Desouza has completed her Bachelors in Architecture and will be pursuing MSc in Architectural Conservation at University of Edinburgh.
The applicant should:
- Be an Indian national with valid Indian Passport
- Candidates must be in India at the time of applying for the Scholarship
- Be not more than 30 years of age at the time of applying
- Have an excellent track record in academics and extra- curricular achievements
- Identify a suitable Masters programme in the UK beginning in September / October 2015. Proof of admission / application will be required at the time of the interview
*Preference will be given to Goans (who or either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents is/was born in the territory now known as the State of Goa, and a birth certificate issued to this effect by the Government of Goa is provided; or domiciled and resident in Goa)
Value of award
Scholarships will fund young Indians to pursue a Masters in the UK and will cover:
Tuition fees and contribution towards living expense up to a maximum of GBP 25,000
Fill the complete application form (preferably typed)
Along with the application form please submit the following documents:
- If Goan documentary proof of share of the applicant or the applicant’s parents having an ancestral property in Goa which is utilised as the family’s residence or business premises.
- Documentary proof of birth certificate (born in Goa) of the applicant or any one of the applicant’s parents or grandparents.
- A copy of your conditional/ unconditional admission letter from the UK institution.
- You should submit one academic and one professional reference letter, although recent graduates may submit two academic references.
- Two hard copies of reference letters of not more than one A4 size page each.
- Applications not accompanied by supporting documents will be rejected.
- Please do not send additional documents other than the reference letters, evidence validating your Goan origin and a copy of your admission letter to a UK institution.
British Council Division
17 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
New Delhi 110001