The Dempo and the Fomento Group collaboratively formed the Goa education trust with the British Council in the year 2009 to provide Goan students with a platform to undertake postgraduate study in the UK in any field of academic study. Since its inception the scholarship provided an opportunity for Goans to obtain higher education degrees from top UK Universities in various disciplines including Journalism, Education, Ancient History and Law.
The GET scholarship covers full/part tuition fees* for courses that start from September 2014.
*All other costs are to be borne by the students.
The Goa Education Trust (GET) 2014 is open for application now.
The applicant should:
- Be an Indian national with a valid Indian passport, domiciled and resident in Goa, or born to Goan parents or of Goan origin.
- Be in India at the time of applying for the Scholarship.
- Be not more than 30 years of age at the time of applying.
- Have excellent track record in academic and extracurricular achievements.
- Identify a suitable Masters programme in the UK and apply for a course beginning in September/ October 2014. You need to secure admission and bring proof of admission at the time of interview.
Fill the complete application form (preferably typed)
Along with the application form please submit the following documents:
- Documentary proof of share of the applicant or the applicant’s parents having an ancestral property in Goa which is utilised as the family’s residence or business premises.
- Documentary proof of birth certificate (born in Goa) of the applicant or any one of the applicant’s parents or grandparents.
- A copy of your conditional/ unconditional admission letter from the UK institution.
- You should submit one academic and one professional reference letter, although recent graduates may submit two academic references.
- Two hard copies of reference letters of not more than one A4 size page each.
- Applications not accompanied by supporting documents will be rejected.
- Please do not send additional documents other than the reference letters, evidence validating your Goan origin and a copy of your admission letter to a UK institution.
British Council Division
British Deputy High Commission
901 Tower 1, One Indiabulls Centre
Elphinstone Road (West)
Mumbai 400 013
Toll free no. 1800-102-4353 or 022-67486717 (Mon-Friday 09.00 to 17.00)