It is the responsibility of the applicants to identify a suitable Doctoral programme and supervisor at the University of Cambridge, apply for a place for September/October 2014 and secure admission.
- Identify a suitable doctoral programme and supervisor at the University of Cambridge.
- Applicants to visit the Board of Graduate Studies (BoGs) website: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/gradadmissions/prospec/ and make formal application to the University at the same time as to the Dr Man Mohan Singh Scholarships.
- Applicants to select St John’s College as their first choice College on their BoGs application form.
- Applicants to indicate on their BoGs form that they are applying for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships, but also to complete the section applying for funding from the University.
- Apply for the Scholarship on the prescribed format by 15 January 2014 and submit it to the British Council
- Only those applicants who get an offer of admission at St John’s College will be eligible for the award of the Scholarship.
- Candidates should NOT approach St John’s College directly at this stage.
Candidates for these scholarships are selected through a process of short listing from the applications received by the British Council, followed by personal interviews, which will be held in New Delhi .
Subsequent to the interviews the selection committee identifies the required number of candidates for the awards. The decision of the selection committee will be final. Selection results will be communicated within a month following the interview.
Pre-departure briefings, UK visa and travel arrangements for the selected candidates will be co-ordinated by the British Council.
The British Council will acknowledge receipt of applications through the emails provided on the application form. For this purpose, applicants are requested to provide their latest email ids. However, the British Council will not be responsible for failure of on-line delivery.
The British Council will further contact only the short-listed candidates inviting them for interviews. Applicants are requested not to contact the British Council office directly.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in New Delhi. Candidates will be expected to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.