Now open for applications
The CSFP is aimed at students of Commonwealth countries who can make a significant contribution to their home country after the completion of a higher education programme in the UK.
This is a source of funding made available to all Commonwealth countries by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission.
Level of courses:
- One year Taught Master's courses or equivalent degree
- Doctoral degree of up to three years duration.
The CSFP is an annual scheme made available to all the Commonwealth countries by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission. In India, this is jointly managed by:
- Commonwealth Scholarships Commission
- the British Council
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- economy return international travel
- tuition fee
- adequate maintenance and other allowances.
- Engineering and Technology
- Science (Pure and Applied)
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Closed for 2015 eligibility. The last date for accepting submissions was 15 October 2014.
For Split-site PhD Scholarships, Shared Scholarships, Academic, Professional and Medical fellowships 2015, please visit Commonwealth Scholarship Commission's website
- be an Indian citizen residing in India
- have completed tertiary education in English medium
- the candidate should not be more than 40 years of age as on 10.10.2014
- For Master's degree candidate should hold or able to produce the certidicate of Bachelor's degree by October 2015 in the subject field concerned securing 60% or above marks in Humanities and Social Science group and 65% or above marks in Medical, Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture group.
- For Ph.D candidate should hold or able to produce the certidicate of Master's degree by October 2015 in the subject field concerned securing 60% or above marks in Humanities and Social Science group and 65% or above marks in Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture group
The preliminary selection of candidates for scholarships is carried out in India by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Department of Education, and Government of India.
The preliminary selection is done through a process of shortlisting of applications, followed by personal interviews in New Delhi.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
John Foster House
36 Gordon Square
London, WC1H OPF
Tel: +44-207-387 8572
Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD)
Department of Higher Education
External Scholarship Division
ES.4 Section, West Block-1
Wing-6, 2nd Floor, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110066
Tel: +91-11-26172491 and 26172492