International Climate Champions is a partnership project between the British Council and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) aimed at young people aged 18-23. The programme is part of our global project called 'Climate Champions' which is delivered through a network of Climate Champions across the world.
The project aims to engage youth participants with society leaders and influencers, as well as reach out to the wider community. Climate Generation engages young people with a proactive interest in climate change who wish to take positive action at local, national and international levels. Climate Champions are typically young people who:
- are committed and enthusiastic about tackling climate change
- have strong communication skills
- are in a position to show leadership
- can demonstrate the ability to act as influencers
- can exhibit a sound knowledge and understanding of climate change.