IELTS Teacher Training Workshop provides an extensive one-day insight for teachers who want to familiarise themselves with the content of the examination and the various pedagogical techniques to enhance student’s performance.
Participants will learn how to teach the format, question types and strategy for answering the four parts of the IELTS examination with special attention given to the writing and speaking components of the exam.
- Familiarisation with the exam format and marking scheme.
- Practise a range of tips on how to approach writing a discursive essay and get an overview of what examiners are looking for in successful candidates.
- Develop all aspects of the speaking interview.
- Learn techniques on how to improve learners’ writing, reading, and listening capabilities for the exam.
- Solutions on how to guide learners through the listening part of the exam.
This course will help you to:
- gain knowledge of the IELTS format,
- receive guidelines on pedagogical techniques and on how to approach your classes and tuition.
Who is it for?
This course is for teachers, trainers and educators in the public or private sector who are responsible for preparing candidates for the IELTS General or Academic modules.
After this one-day workshop you will be able to:
- familiarise yourself with the examination format,
- have an understanding of the IELTS marking scheme,
- discover tips and techniques to help your students.
- The IELTS exam format
- Using IELTS resources
- IELTS marking scheme
- Guiding learners through describing and reporting data
- Tips for discursive essays
- Typical student pitfalls
- Reading strategies: from skimming to scanning
- Learner autonomy and exam preparation
- Managing time in the exam
- Listening for gist and detail
- Teaching and testing listening
- Bottom up and top down listening strategies
- Speaking criteria and maximising student performance
- Teaching speaking
- Overcoming pre-examination nerves